- Star Fox 64
Player of this game controls one vehicle piloted Fox McCloud shooting the obstacles on his way and every level has a boss fight.
|File Name:||Star Fox 64 (USA).zip|
|Year of release:||1997|
Were you able to play this game?
Star Fox 64 ROM Download for N64
If you enjoyed shooting games, then you will indeed like this one as well. It is called Star Fox 64. And don't worry, if you haven't heard of it before, because we have everything you need. So here is everything you need to know about Star Fox 64 and how to play it on your PC.
This game is based on a scrolling shooter theme where the player controls one of the vehicles piloted by Fox McCloud, mostly an Arwing. It is set in "Corridor Mode", and the player can temporarily slow their vehicle, but cannot truly stop or change direction. The game has different stages like boss fights which take place in "All-Range Mode". It also has a Corridor Mode where the player's vehicle can be moved around the screen to dodge obstacles and shoot incoming enemies with laser cannons.
- Multiplayer supports up to 4 players
- Different modes to play
- Collect various power-ups
- Shooting enemy with laser cannons
Best Emulators for Star Fox 64 ROM
To play the ROM of Star Fox 64 on PC, the user must have a console and an emulator to run it. The console required for this particular game is N64 and download the corresponding emulator too.
There are plenty of N64 emulators available online. Here are our best picks of N64 emulators:
- Project64 : This one emulator known as Project64 is an open-source emulator. For non-technical people, it is easy to use. This emulator provides users with support like USB controllers, features save states, and it lets you play with high-resolution textures though users may have problems with audio features. Currently, it is available only for Windows.
- Mupen64Plus : Mupen64Plus is available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and works smoothly. If compared with Project64 audio features, it takes the lead as it is more clearer. So if people are not happily satisfied with project 64, they can choose this option.
- RetroArch : Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux this emulator has a variety of features like It offers features like netplay, rewinding, next-frame response times, run ahead, blind accessibility. Users might need to check out the configuration part as it is not easy to set up.
Three Games you will love if you like Star Fox 64. They are:
- Star Fox 2
If you liked playing Star Fox 64, then another game from the same series would cheer you up. Star Fox 2 takes forward from the battle against Emperor Andross, as he plans to conquer the Lylat system. The game has semi-real-time gameplay, new ship types, new Star Fox team members, and a more advanced 3D game engine which is an additional bonus.
- Star Fox Zero
Just like the other two, this one is also a 3D scrolling shooter video game. Players have the option of adding laser upgrades and smart bombs to their ships. Two gameplay modes are included, i.e. the Scroll Mode which puts the player in a predetermined path and All-Range Mode, allowing the player to move freely in a mission.
- Star Fox Command
It is also a shoot em up game where the player pilots flight paths and engages enemies in an open arena-style flying mode. Every character in the game comes with a unique ship with different abilities.